Humbly disguised in boring, unattractive packaging, rubbing alcohol is one of the most underrated cleaning products in the world. Everyone knows it’s good for a sore muscle and to cool a fever, but did you know it can also be used to do things like:
- Kill bed bugs
- Remove hairspray from mirrors
- End ingrown hairs
Truth is, rubbing alcohol is an inexpensive, drugstore wallflower worth a second look, especially for its many uses.
Keep reading to find out all the things you can do with this product, that you probably had no idea about.
1. Use Rubbing Alcohol To Kill Bed Bugs And Their Eggs: just spray it on your mattress and pillows to take care of your pest problem. Repeat the process over the next two weeks.
2. Use It To Create Your Own Physical Therapy Ice Pack: Mix the rubbing alcohol with water and put it in the freezer. Once it’s cold, use it on your sore muscle. The reason this works is because it gets really cold but never hardens so you can manipulate it easily.
3. Use It To End Ingrown Hairs: If you see that telltale red bump, apply rubbing alcohol to relieve the inflammation. It should go away in a couple of hours.
4. Use It Instead Of Nail Polish Remover: If you can’t stand the acetone’s smell, use rubbing alcohol to do the same job. Sure, it takes longer, but it won’t damage your nails and the smell is not half as potent.
5. Use It As A Lice Stopping Potion: Mix rubbing alcohol with lavender oil in a spray bottle. Then, spray your hair and scalp generously and comb out the dead critters. Soak the comb in the mixture for one hour to make sure everything’s dead.
6. Use It To Treat Your Pimples: Apply rubbing alcohol directly to your pimple to disinfect, soothe and clean the skin. Just don’t do it more than twice in less than an hour, or it could irritate your skin.
7. Use It As Deodorant: It’s best if you do this only if you forget your deodorant at home, but you can always raid a first aid kit and apply the rubbing alcohol to your pits to kill bacteria. Don’t overdo it though, or it could irritate your skin.
8. Use It As A Tick Remover: Stun the tick with the rubbing alcohol so it lets go of your skin. Using a cotton ball to apply the alcohol may be the best way to do this.